***Ingredients: (Serves 2-3)***
Liver (beef/chicken/mutton) – 500g
Small onion – ½ cup (finely chopped)
Green Chilli – 2-3
Ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Water – ½ cup
Pepper powder – ¾ tsp (freshly grounded)
Curry leaves – few
Oil – 3 Tbsp
1. Soak the liver in a bowl of water with 1 tsp of turmeric powder or 2 Tbsp of vinegar. Keep it for half an hour. This helps to remove any toxins in the liver.
2. Cut it in to small pieces and wash it well couple of times with water so that all left out blood drains out. (I used beef liver)
3. Heat oil in a pan and sliced onion and curry leaves. (I don’t get small onion here because of which I added regular onion)
4. When onion becomes soft add ginger garlic paste, green chilli and saute for min or two
5. Add all spice powders except pepper powder and sauté it for a min or two
6. Add the liver pieces and mix well so that the masala get coated well on the liver pieces.
7. Add water and keep the covered and cook in medium flame till. Give a stir in between
8. When water is half reduced add salt and mix well.
9. Again keep the pan covered and when the curry is almost 80 % dry and oil starts appearing on the top, remove the lid and add freshly grounded pepper powder.
10. Stir continuously till curry is completely dry and becomes brown in color